Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Really Mr. Textbook? Why?

This is one of my college textbooks. I just bought it this morning (don't look at me like that, we didn't need until after Spring Break!). Anyway, it's interesting enough so far, solid arguments, what you would expect from your typical Poli Sci book.

Here's my gripe, I just paged a grand total of $117 for this 287 page book. You read that right, $117 for 287 pages!!! I understand that textbook companies need to make a profit (Heck, who doesn't?). But this is, some of my peers would say "doing too much."

This book (which is all in black and white print) is worth a good $45-$50 at it's highest value. Ah, the things you deal with when using the college bookstore.

By the way, I don't know what you'll be doing tonight, but I would encourage you to tune into ESPN tonight at 7:30 and watch the NIT Quarterfinal Matchup between the Alabama Crimson Tide and my second favorite team (thank you Florida Gulf Coast!) the Maryland Terrapins! Later guys and gals!


No comments:

Post a Comment