Thursday, August 28, 2014

A Legends Summer!





When I first started writing for the LFL this summer, I had no idea what to expect. All I knew that it was an all women's league and that they had some, let's just say, unique, uniforms. 

The first thing I noticed, when I attended my first Baltimore Charm practice, was their passion. These young women are not out there to just look pretty. They love their football, they want to win every game and it shows! 

When I watched my first game action on YouTube, I didn't see anyone taking it easy. In that contest between the Las Vegas Sin and the Green Bay Chill, I saw all out effort, aggressiveness and skill. As Herm Edwards said, "You play to win the game!"

One player, in particular, stood out to me. She was loud, all over the field making plays, and more intense than many people I've seen on a football field. That player just happened to be LFL legend Danika Brace. That's how it knew I was going to enjoy watching the games. 

I really knew that I had gotten into something special when I started interviewing players for my articles. It was awesome to just hear the passion in their voices. This game means so much to them, and I wouldn't want it any other way. The trash talk between teams was also a welcome change from most of the interviews I conducted with other athletes!


This opportunity, while unexpected, has been awesome for me! From covering the Baltimore Charm at the start, to expanding to the rest of the league, It's been a blast of a ride! I'm super excited to see where this journey will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment